Wednesday 21 February 2018

Benefits


I keep coming back to benefits and benefits management.  It feels like I have a 'bee in my bonnet' about it.



I think that there's an important thing that's emerging in my thought.  As I look back on the projects that I've done and others in the organisation that I've seen done, I can't help thinking about the link between how good the benefits case was and how good the outcome was.



Is the ease of finding good benefits an indicator?



I actually think that I may have stumbled onto something here.



I remember some things that I've done, where I was really scrabbling around to work out the benefits of doing something.  It was being done because it had been asked for, but in reflection, there often were few actual benefits for doing that thing.



So, my new thing is to not only understand the benefits, but how easy they were to arrive at.  If there's no size or obviousness to the initiative, then perhaps it'll be low-yield, or culturally it'll be a bit of a pig to deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment